The Brick Hotel is a mainstay on the circle in Georgetown, where it has stood since 1836 and was first known as the Union Hotel.
It was a landmark in the heart of the small downtown and served as a bank from the 1950s until the late 1990s.
The building was slated to be demolished until a campaign was launched to save the National Historic Registry property from its impending fate. Owners Lynn and Ed Lester purchased the property in 2007, and began a restoration process that was completed within a year.
The restored property opened in late 2008 as The Brick Hotel on the Circle. The inn has breathed new life into the downtown area, offering a restaurant and tavern, three private dining rooms, a roof top deck, and lovely side garden.
The restaurant offers classic American cuisine in an atmosphere of casual elegance. With a varied menu, and economical nightly dinner features, the restaurant is a regular gathering place for guests from near and far.
There are 14 guest rooms. Nine are located in the historic section, including Calvert’s Sanctuary — the suite. There are also five deluxe king rooms, which were added on the second floor during the renovation and are located right across from the Rooftop Garden Terrace.
The Brick Hotel on the Circle is conveniently located in the heart of Sussex County, Del. Delaware’s beaches are less than 20 miles away, and there are several local breweries, distilleries, and wineries in close proximity to The Brick. Guests enjoy returning to the tranquility of Georgetown during the busy season, and appreciate the intimacy and charm of the historic Brick Hotel.
Where else are you going to find a quaint place centrally located to enjoy first-class accommodations and a casual finer dining restaurant all rolled into one? It’s all right here. Call 302-855-5800 or visit thebrickhotel.com.