The South River Fly Fishing Expo will be held April 23–24 on the banks of the South River in Waynesboro, Va. The expo will showcase the tremendous fly-fishing opportunities available in Virginia and give attendees the opportunity to meet and learn more about fly fishing from some of the best presenters in the fly-fishing industry
Guest presenters for 2016 include:
- Stu Apte — International Game Fish Association Hall of Famer and author of My Life in Fly Fishing
- Pat Dorsey — Colorado fly-fishing guide and author of Colorado Guide Flies
- Greg Senyo — Ohio steelhead guide and author of Fusion Fly Tying
- Will Turek — Federation of Fly Fishers certified casting instructor
- Chuck Kraft — Virginia fly-fishing guide and designer of the CK series of trout and smallmouth bass flies
These presenters and many more great local and regional fly anglers will offer presentations on all aspects of fly fishing and fly tying for attendees. Fly fishing on the South River Delayed Harvest Area will be only steps away from the expo and many of the presentations will be held on the river.
Local and regional guides, fly shops, and outfitters will be on hand with essential fly-fishing gear and local knowledge of the best places to fly fish for trout, smallmouth bass, musky, and even many saltwater species.
The South River Fly Fishing Expo is founded on the idea that we should promote our fisheries and strive to maintain and improve the habitat and access for all to enjoy.
In keeping with that ideal, Destination Downtown Waynesboro, a 501c3 Virginia Main Street Organization, has committed to devoting 50 percent of the net proceeds from the South River Fly Fishing Expo to habitat and conservation projects that will improve the fishery on the South River.